Terms of Business
Effective Date: 1 August 2019
These terms of business set out the basis on which we will provide business services to you as a customer of nib Travel Services Limited. For the purpose of this document, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to nib Travel Services Limited.
- nib Travel Services Limited, incorporated in the Cayman Islands (under registration number 330217), is regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and licensed to conduct insurance business (other than domestic Cayman Islands business) from the Cayman Islands (under License Number 1446874).
- Our permitted insurance business is arranging, issuing, managing and administering general insurance contracts on a non-advised information only basis to customers (who are not ordinarily resident in the Cayman Islands).
- We issue insurance policies (“policies”) to customers domiciled worldwide, except those domiciled in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, Brazil, the United States of America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- Our registered office is at PO Box 1051, Grand Cayman KY1-1102, Cayman Islands. Our principle contact address is at PO Box H2, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
- World Nomads markets and promotes this travel insurance. World Nomads is a trading name of WorldNomads.com Pty Limited, Australian Company Number 125 633 856.
- World Nomads and nib Travel Services Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of nib holdings limited, a company registered in Australia under Company Number 125 633 856.
- The services which we provide are receiving and transmitting orders on your behalf for general travel insurance products which are underwritten by us, nib Travel Services Limited.
- You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. When applying for travel insurance, we will ask questions related to planned or intended travel to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
- We charge an insurance premium (“premium”) (including where applicable any government levies and taxes) for the policies we provide.
- nib Travel Services Limited will request and accept payment only when it has accepted a proposal for insurance from a client electronically.
- nib Travel Services Limited receives the total premium that you pay when you purchase a policy (less any required taxes and charges).
- We pay commissions to the distributors of our products.
Policy Alterations and Additional Premiums
- If you alter your policy during any period of insurance, we will recalculate your premium accordingly. This may result in an additional premium payable to us. We will only charge you additional premium provided the total amount, including any premium transaction charges, are of greater value than the amount detailed in your Certificate of Insurance. Where applicable, any government levies will be applied to your premium calculations.
- We use your personal data to allow for the execution and performance of insurance policy contracts with us or to take steps prior to the contract execution. This includes providing you with a quote; arranging and managing your travel insurance and insurance-related services; providing you with emergency assistance; managing, processing and investigating claims; and managing your and our rights and obligations in relation to the insurance.
- Where you have provided consent, we may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so for the following purposes: (1) to supply marketing material and travel information to you; (2) to contact you via email, text message, post or telephone with details of our services.
- You can contact us to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you have any complaints or requests in relation to your personal data at any time, please address them to [email protected]
- Please note that any calls to or from World Nomads and nib Travel Services Limited may be recorded and monitored for training and verification purposes.
- If you need to make a claim, please contact nib Travel Services Limited on email: [email protected], phone +353 21 237 8007 (call operator charges may vary), or at PO Box 912, South Cork DSU, Cork, Ireland. When calling, please have ready your policy number, details of what has happened and the date and time of the incident.
Conflicts of Interest
- It is the policy of the Group to avoid any conflict of interest when providing business services to its clients. However, where an unavoidable conflict of interest arises, we will advise you in writing of the steps we propose to take to protect your interests before providing you with any business service. Business will only proceed on receipt of your written consent.
Cancellation / Cooling-off Period
- You have up to 14 days from when we issue your Certificate of Insurance and policy wording to cancel your policy. This is called your cooling-off period.
You are entitled to cancel this policy by notifying us in writing, by email or by phone within the 14-day cooling-off period, and we will refund your premium paid, provided you haven’t travelled under your policy and you are not making a claim nor exercising any other right under the policy.
Outside the 14-day cooling-off period, no premium refund will be provided. If we agree to provide a premium refund outside the cooling-off period, we may charge an administration fee.
- All insurance products are arranged on the express condition that pending receipt of the premium from you, we reserve the right (notwithstanding delivery of a policy, Certificate of Insurance or receipt to you) to cancel the policy and apply any refund to reduce the amount due from you. We will, if necessary, exercise our legal rights to receive any payment due from our clients for business services provided by us and to be reimbursed for any value obtained for clients.
- We may withdraw benefits or cover on default of any payment due under any products arranged for your benefit or on failure by you to accurately provide all material information in relation to such insurance products.
- In the event that we are unable to meet our obligations, you may be entitled to compensation under Cayman Islands law, including under the provisions of the Companies Law (2018 Revision) and the Companies Winding Up Rules 2018.
- Any complaint that you may have in relation to the business services provided by us or a policy you have purchased from us should be made in writing to us, outlining the nature of your complaint. If you wish to register a complaint, please contact our Customer Relations team at: Phone: +353 21 237 8007
- Any complaint will be acknowledged, investigated and resolved within the timeframes outlined in the policy wording. In the event that you remain dissatisfied with our handling and response to your complaint, you are entitled to refer your complaint to the relevant authority for your country of residence.
Email: [email protected]
nib Travel Services Limited
PO Box 912, South Cork DSU
- This agreement and any contract between you and nib Travel Services Limited are subject to English Law, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute regarding your policy unless otherwise stated in your policy terms and conditions.
nib Travel Services Limited
Attn: David Le, General Manager, International Distribution & Underwriting
PO Box H2, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: +353 21 237 8007
Office hours: 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday, during Ireland business hours